Exploring Entrepreneurship Education: new challenges and approaches Summer School
In this intensive 7-day Summer School, we will study entrepreneurship from a wide variety of perspectives. In particular, we will discuss the aim of Entrepreneurship Education and how to do research on this domain. By bringing together students from several cultural backgrounds, different study programs and educational levels to work together in interdisciplinary multilevel groups to explore research on entrepreneurship. This Summer School is research oriented. This means you will study contemporary entrepreneurship research, theories, methods and results of research but also reflect on how these results can be translated into applied settings.
The Summer School will be held at the end of July 2021.
The Summer School is open to up to 10 Bachelor, Master or PhD students from each partner university:
- 10 from Politecnico di Torino
- 10 from Università degli Studi di Torino
- 10 from University of Groninger
- 10 from Higher School of Economics
- 10 from RANEPA
- 10 from Prague School of Economics
All the activities will be held in English.
However, actual credit recognition depends on the home university of the participants
Some of the aspects we will focus on, are:
- teaching entrepreneurship for all the students in universities? pros and cons
- sh(C)ould all universities become entrepreneurial with the Third Mission and technology transfer activities?
- should all start-ups reach economic and social or environmental goals as hybrid organizations?
- 'We don't need no education': should all entrepreneurs be educated in entrepreneurship or not?
- should we teach different types of entrepreneurs in different way?
- how new emerging technologies (e.g., Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain) can change entrepreneurship education?
- training entrepreneurship in incubators, accelerators and co-working spaces in different entrepreneurial ecosystem
Before the summer school, we invite the students to prepare a poster presentation in which they will share with the other participants the entrepreneurial ecosystem of their own city and/or country. During the summer school, students will be working in project groups to design, conduct and report research on a topic of your choice. Additionally, they will engage in highly interactive sessions in which they will explore entrepreneurship research and applying them to practical cases and their own group research project. In addition to the lectures and projects, they will have the opportunity to share and draw on each other’s culturally specific experience and knowledge.
- Several lectures and workshops on entrepreneurship and innovation
- Teamworking and one extra-activities as a tour visit
- CLab Torino
- Università degli Studi di Torino
- University of Groningen
- Higher School of Economics
- Prague School of Economics
Applications to the Summer School will open beginning from December 2020.