Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarships
Scholarships for students enrolled for the second time in Master of Science program
Call for applications for the 2014/15 academic year
The project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship to attend a Master of Science program in Engineering or Architecture at the Politecnico di Torino.
The initiative is promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and the Compagnia di San Paolo.
- Not being an Italian citizen, or being an Italian citizen who is also in possess of another citizenship
- Being enrolled for the second time in a Master of Science program in Engineering or Architecture of the Politecnico di Torino for the 2014/15 academic year
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign (including EDISU scholarship)
- Not being part of a Double/Joint Degree program as an incoming student
- Having achieved at least 40 credits in the current academic career by 06/10/2014
The project will award 14 scholarships in the 2014/15 academic year at the Master of Science level:
- 11 scholarships to students enrolled in Engineering programs;
- 3 scholarships to students enrolled in Architecture/Design programs.
Applicants will be selected based on their current academic career performance (credits achieved and registered by 06/10/2014, marks obtained, etc). In case two or more candidates have the same academic score, the possess of an English and/or Italian language certification (depending on the language of the academic program in which applicants are enrolled) will also be taken into consideration; for further information about the accepted certifications, please visit the C.L.A. website. Candidates may be contacted by the International Relations office in order to provide information on their language certifications.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship is 5.530 Euro. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student.
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient).
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study or mobility grant while receiving the Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.
How to apply
The application must be submitted by October 6th, 2014 at 23:59 (Italian time) through the online procedure "Adesione borse di studio", which can be accessed either through the self service boxes, or through the "Portale della Didattica" website (SID@home procedure).
At the end of the selection process, two separate lists of standings (one for Engineering, the other for Architecture/Design) will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.
The lists of standings will be affixed to the online Official Register of the Politecnico di Torino and published on this project website and on the Apply@Polito section of the Politecnico website. Publication of the final lists of standings is foreseen for late October 2014.
An e-mail message will be sent to all scholarship recipients and eligible applicants summarizing the terms for the disbursement of the scholarship. This message will be sent to the official e-mail address provided by the Politecnico to each student (s[student number]@studenti.polito.it). NEVERTHELESS, THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE OUTCOME OF THE SELECTION.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFFIXING OF THE LISTS OF STANDINGS TO THE ONLINE OFFICIAL REGISTER OF THE POLITECNICO DI TORINO WILL BE, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, THE ONLY OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF INCLUSION IN THE LISTS OF SELECTIONS AND, FOR STUDENTS WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS, THE ONLY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION THAT THEY HAVE BEEN AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP.
We emphasize that the Politecnico di Torino assumes no responsibility for the applicant's failure to view the lists of standings and/or the terms for the acceptance of the scholarships as published on our website and the online Official Register of the Politecnico.
In all the e-mail messages and the correspondence sent to the Politecnico following the awarding of the scholarship, the recipient must clearly specify "Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship".
- The scholarship does not include tuition fees or accommodation costs, which are thus totally at the expense of the student. The Politecnico di Torino does not guarantee any type of accommodation for Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship recipients.
International Relations Office