The UNICORE project - University Corridors for Refugees project, promoted by UNHCR, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, was created to give refugee students in African territories the opportunity to continue their academic career at Italian universities. Now in its fourth edition - and for this reason defined UNICORE 4.0 - the project offers young refugees, often unable to continue their studies in the country where they found protection, the opportunity to obtain visas for study purposes in third countries.
The initiative, born in 2019 to allow refugee students in Ethiopia to arrive in Italy with a regular and safe path to continue their studies, has experienced the increasing participation of Italian universities over the years.
The Politecnico di Torino joins UNICORE for the first time as part of the broader objective stated declared its strategic plan “PoliTO4Impact” to create the conditions for inclusion, equity and hospitality that allow:
• to female students and foreign students already part of the University community but at risk of leaving to be supported in starting or regaining the conditions of face studies and life;
• to the most promising human resources residing in developing countries refugees, asylum seekers and migrants to access at PoliTo and express their potential as part of an academic and territorial community that offers them organized and easily accessible services.
UNICORE 4.0 stands out for its inclusive dimension and involves a wide network of national ad local partners who will work together to help students in becoming part of academic life and integrating into the local context: Caritas, Diaconia Valdese and Ente Regionale per il Diritto allo studio del Piemonte (EDISU).
UNICORE 4.0 offers to students a wide range of benefits as a monthly scholarship provided by Politecnico di Torino, mentors, free local transport and accommodation, teaching material, computers, legal assistance, listening spaces.
The call for applications for 3 study grants for refugee students enrolling in a Master of Science degree (programme taught in English) for the A.Y. 2022-2023 is open from 3 to 31 May 2022 (12:00-noon Italian time).
The Call for application (677,52 kB) is reserved to holders of the Refugee Status, certified by UNHCR, living in Cameroon, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
IMPORTANT WARNING: presenting any fraudulent school certificates or university diplomas is a crime. All the documents that you submit will be carefully checked by experts. Should you present fraudulent documents there will be serious consequences including your disqualification from this and other opportunities. UNHCR may also report the incident to the police authorities.
- Final list of standings (201,75 kB)
- General Director Decree (120,88 kB)
- Call for application - NEW (677,52 kB)
- Annex 1- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (56,03 kB)
- Annex 2 - GPA conversion formula (400,08 kB)
- Annex 3 - English language proficiency (39,25 kB)
- GPA conversion formula (16,31 kB)
- Former General Director Decree (121,34 kB)
- Former Call for application - expired on 29 April 2022 (190,92 kB)
- Chiusura atti - Former Call (294,23 kB)