2014/2015 academic year - II call
Bachelor of Science
The project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits to attend at the Verrès Campus the Bachelor of Science program in Ingegneria Informatica (Computer Engineering) of the Politecnico di Torino in blended learning modality.
The initiative is promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and supported by Regione Valle d'Aosta.
General information on the Bachelor of Science program in Computer Engineering
Language in which the courses are held: Italian
Length: 3 years
For more information on the university campus and on the teaching methods, please visit the Verrès campus website.
The Verrès Campus is a Struttura Decentrata di Supporto agli Studenti (SDSS); for further information, please visit the SDSS webpage.
- Being not an Italian citizen, or being an Italian citizen who is also in possess of another citizenship
- Being at least 18 years old
- Being enrolled for the first time in a Bachelor program in Engineering of the Politecnico di Torino for the 2014/2015 academic year at the SDSS of Verrès
- Holding an Italian language certification among those listed at http://apply.polito.it/language_requirements.html
- Not having enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino before the 2014/2015 academic year
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign (including EDISU scholarship).
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 180 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. The time required to graduate is approximately 6 semesters. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity.
Attendance to the activities at the Verrès Campus is mandatory.
Students who have already attended other university courses can ask for a credit transfer up to a maximum of 10 credits per year (30 credits in total). Please note that credits achieved in preparatory courses or in the first year/second year in systems where pre-university education lasts 10/11 years cannot be taken into account.
Through its second call for applications for the 2014/2015 academic year, the project will award up to 2 scholarships.
Applicants will be selected based on the score obtained in the admission test at the Politecnico di Torino. In case two or more candidates have the same academic score, the level of knowledge of the Italian language, as indicated in the compulsory certification, will also be taken into consideration; for further information about the accepted certifications, please visit the language requirements section of the Apply@PoliTo website. Candidates may be contacted by the International Relations office in order to provide information on their language certifications. Please note that priority will be given to candidates holding an official Italian language certification (ROMATRE, CILS, CELI, CEDIS, PLIDA, CLIQ).
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the Verrès Campus scholarship is 9.216 Euro per year. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student.
- The scholarship will be assigned for 3 years; the maintainance of the grant for the second and the third year will be subject to the confirmation of the relevant fundings by the Regione Valle d'Aosta, and to the achievement of satisfactory results during the studies at the Verrès Campus. Students enrolled in a Bachelor program other than Computer Engineering (corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Informatica) must change their major at the end of the first year.
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient).
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the Verrès Campus scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.
- In case the recipient does not regularly attend the activities at the Verrès Campus, the scholarship will be revoked.
How to apply
The application must be submitted by December 4th, 2014 at 23:59 (Italian time) through the online procedure "Adesione borse di studio", which can be accessed either through the self service boxes, or through the "Portale della Didattica" website (SID@home procedure).
At the end of the selection process, a list of standings will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.
The list of standings will be affixed to the Official Register of the Politecnico di Torino and published on this project website and on the Apply@Polito section of the Politecnico website. Publication of the final list of standings is foreseen for December 2014.
An e-mail message will be sent to all scholarship recipients and eligible applicants summarizing the terms for the disbursement of the scholarship. This message will be sent to the address(es) specified by the students themselves on the application form. NEVERTHELESS, THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE OUTCOME OF THE SELECTION.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFFIXING OF THE LIST OF STANDINGS TO THE OFFICIAL REGISTER OF THE POLITECNICO DI TORINO WILL BE, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, THE ONLY OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF INCLUSION IN THE LIST OF SELECTIONS AND, FOR STUDENTS WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS, THE ONLY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION THAT THEY HAVE BEEN AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP.
We emphasize that the Politecnico di Torino assumes no responsibility for the applicant's failure to view the list of standings and/or the terms for the acceptance of the scholarships as published online and on the Official Register of the Politecnico.
In all the e-mail messages and the correspondence sent to the Politecnico following the awarding of the scholarship, the recipient must clearly specify "Verrès Campus project".
The amount of tuition fees for the 2014/2015 academic year is about 2.530 Euro. Students from low-income families can be entitled to a reduction or a waiver of tuition fees. In order to obtain such benefit, students must provide an official declaration about:
- the composition of their family unit
- the revenue generated abroad in 2013
- the property and real estate assets generated abroad at December 31st, 2013
These declarations, issued by the competent authorities of the foreign country where the family's income is generated, must be translated into Italian and certified by the Italian Embassy or Consulate. Please see also: Information for students coming from particularly underdeveloped countries.
- The allocation of the scholarship is dependent on the activation of the relevant academic activities at the Verrès Campus
- The scholarship does not include accommodation costs, which are thus totally at the expense of the student.
- The Politecnico di Torino does not guarantee any type of accommodation for Verrès Campus scholarship recipients. For students turning to the private market to rent an apartment, the initial amount requested for the cautionary deposit is equal to about three months rent, plus any fees charged by the real estate agency, if applicable. The approximate amount of the rent for an apartment shared with other students comes to about 200 EURO/month per person, and the rent for a small/medium sized apartment is about 450 EURO/month.
International Relations Office
Approvato con Decreto del DG n. 126 del 18/11/2014 (602.20 kB)