Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarships
Call for applications for the 2012/2013 academic year
The project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship to graduate from the Politecnico di Torino attending a Master of Science program in Engineering or Architecture.The initiative is promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and financed by the Compagnia di San Paolo.
General information on the Master of Science programs
Language in which the courses are held: Italian and/or English
Length: 2 years
- Not being an Italian citizen, or being an Italian citizen who is also in possess of another citizenship
- Being enrolled for the first time in a Master of Science program in Engineering or Architecture of the Politecnico di Torino for the 2012/13 academic year
- Not having been enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino before the 2012/2013 academic year
- Not having obtained an high school diploma in an Italian school
- Having passed at least one exam of the current academic career in the 2012/13 academic year
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign (including EDISU scholarship)
- Not being part of a Double Degree program.
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 120 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. The time required to graduate is approximately two years. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity.
The project will award 10 first class scholarships and 25 second class scholarships in the 2012/13 academic year at the Master of Science level.First class scholarships:
- 7 scholarships to students enrolled in Engineering programs (2 of them are reserved to students enrolled in the MS in Automotive Engineering program);
- 3 scholarships to students enrolled in Architecture/Design programs.
Second class scholarships:
- 16 scholarships to students enrolled in Engineering programs (2 of them are reserved to students enrolled in the MS in Automotive Engineering program);
- 9 scholarships to students enrolled in Architecture/Design programs.
Applicants will be selected based on the marks and number of credits achieved in the February 2013 exam session at the Politecnico di Torino. In case two or more candidates have the same academic score, the possess of an English and/or Italian language certification (depending on the language of the academic program in which applicants are enrolled) will also be taken into consideration; for further information about the accepted certifications, please visit the C.L.A. website.Please note that exams taken abroad and/or in previous academic programs cannot be taken into consideration.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the first class scholarship is 5.530 Euro per year (11.060 Euro for the complete period); the gross amount of the second class scholarship is 2.765 Euro. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student.
- The amount of the scholarships will not be increased in case the student will need more time to graduate than indicated.
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient).
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned any other study grant while receiving the Compagnia di San Paolo-Politecnico scholarship must promptly notify the International Relations office of the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level; in particular, in order to maintain the scholarship, first class scholarship recipients must achieve a minimum of 40 credits (CFU) within the exam session of September 2013.
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process, complete the application form:
- Deadline: 12:00 (Italian time) on June 17th, 2013.
- Method: fill in the application form (72.72 kB), print it out, sign it, scan it and send by e-mail, together with its attachments, to email@example.com from their official Politecnico e-mail account. As an alternative, the application form and the attached documentation can be handed in to the Department of International Affairs of the Politecnico di Torino. The application form and the documents must be submitted in a folder bearing the applicant's name and "Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico". After having completed these steps, the application for a scholarship will be considered complete.We also remind you that, in order to be taken into consideration, any Italian or English language certificate must be included as an attachment.
Following the closure of the application term, a special commission will meet to assess the applications.At the end of the selection process, a list of standings will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.The list of standings will be affixed to the online Official Register of the Politecnico di Torino and published on this project website and on the Apply@Polito section of the Politecnico website. Publication of the final list of standings is foreseen for late June 2013.An e-mail message will be sent to all scholarship recipients and eligible applicants summarizing the terms for the disbursement of the scholarship. This message will be sent to the address(es) specified by the students themselves on the application form. NEVERTHELESS, THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE OUTCOME OF THE SELECTION.PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFFIXING OF THE LIST OF STANDINGS TO THE OFFICIAL REGISTER OF THE POLITECNICO DI TORINO WILL BE, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, THE ONLY OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF INCLUSION IN THE LIST OF SELECTIONS AND, FOR STUDENTS WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS, THE ONLY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION THAT THEY HAVE BEEN AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP.We emphasize that the Politecnico di Torino assumes no responsibility for the applicant's failure to view the list of standings and/or the terms for the acceptance of the scholarships as published on our website and the online Official Register of the Politecnico.In all the e-mail messages and the correspondence sent to the Politecnico following the awarding of the scholarship, the recipient must clearly specify "Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship".
- The scholarship does not include tuition fees or accommodation costs, which are thus totally at the expense of the student. The Politecnico di Torino does not guarantee any type of accommodation for Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship recipients.
- Any participation in a mobility program as a student of the Politecnico while receiving the Compagnia di San Paolo-Politecnico scholarship must be authorized beforehand by the International Relations office of the Politecnico.
Specific contacts for Master of Science
International Relations Office