On November 3rd Italian Prime minister announced new RESTRICTIONS to stop the spread of the coronavirus starting from November 6th. FULL DECREE in Italian can be found HERE
The Prime Minister decree divides Italy into ‘red’, ‘orange’ and ‘yellow’ zones according to contagion risk (Rt). Torino region is currently classified as RED -zone; this means that people living in Torino region are required to:
- stay at home as much as possible. You may leave your home for “proven needs” such as health and urgent matters; in this case you will require a self-certification form. You can leave the house for a short walk near home by yourself and wearing mask
- stay in their municipality. Inter-municipalities travel are not allowed
- bars, restaurants and shops will be closed. Food outlets providing home deliveries can stay open take away food shops can stay open till 10 pm
- food stores and markets can stay open
Nationwide measures include:
- nightly curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- closure of cinemas, theatres and museums
- closure of shopping malls during the weekends
- reduced capacity of public transport to 50 per cent
Regarding Politecnico di Torino, all teaching activities will continue online, except for those activities that, for their nature, cannot be carried out online - such as teaching laboratories, experimental research laboratories aimed at the realization of the bachelor master and PhD theses.
A list of those activities will be available soon.
Specific info and updates regarding life in PoliTO during lockdown will be available HERE