On November 3rd Italian Prime minister announced new RESTRICTIONS to stop the spread of the coronavirus starting from November 6th. FULL DECREE in English can be found HERE
The Prime Minister decree divides Italy into ‘red,’ ‘orange’ and ‘yellow’ zones according to contagion risk (Rt). Torino region is currently classified as ORANGE - zone; this means that people living in Torino region are required to:
- move within their municipality without the need of a self-certification. You are always requested to wearing mask outside your own house
- stay in their municipality. Inter-municipalities travel are not allowed
- bars, restaurants will be closed. Food outlets providing home deliveries can stay open take away food shops can stay open till 10 pm
- shops, food stores and markets can stay open
Nationwide measures include:
- nightly curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- closure of cinemas, theatres and museums
- closure of shopping malls during the weekends and public holidays
- reduced capacity of public transport to 50 per cent
Regarding Politecnico di Torino, all teaching activities will continue online, except for those activities that, for their nature, cannot be carried out online - such as teaching laboratories, experimental research laboratories aimed at the realization of the bachelor master and PhD theses.
Specific info and updates regarding life in PoliTO during lockdown will be available HERE