Students with a foreign qualification
to access Bachelor of Science courses you need:
1) High school diploma got after at least 12 years of schooling
- High school diploma got after 11 years of schooling + having passed ALL of the exams scheduled in the first academic year at home university
- High school diploma got after 10 years of schooling + having passed ALL of the exams scheduled in the first two academic years at home university
- High school diploma got after 10 or 11 years of schooling + a higher degree obtained in a post-secondary professional institution in a subject relevant to the selected bachelor
- Certificates from other Italian universities regarding the completion of a foundation course which compensates for the years of missing education. Politecnico di Torino will decide about the eligibility of the Foundation year(s)
For candidates with a U.S. high school diploma: certificate stating that the candidate has passed 3 Advanced Placement courses (APs), as specified in the related Annex of each specific Call for Admission
- For candidates with a U.K. high school diploma (GCSE): certificate stating that the candidate has 3 A-levels, as specified in the related Annex of each specific Call for Admission
- For candidates with a Scottish high school diploma: certificate stating that the candidate has three Advanced Highers, or, alternatively, 2 Advanced Highers + at least 4 Highers, as specified in the related Annex of each specific Call for Admission
- International Baccalaureate(IB) with the following requirements:
- at least 24 points in 6 subjects, 12 of which must be obtained at "Higher Level";
- passing the 3 main subjects: Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Creativity, Action, Service (CAS) and Extended Essay (EE).
IB obtained in one of the schools listed in Annex 2 of the "Procedures for entry, residence and enrolment at higher education institutions for students requiring visas for higher education courses in Italy” https://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/moduli/2019/allegato2.pdf (to be updated in late spring) will be accepted for enrollment (given all other requirements are met –admission test and language certification-) without additional documentation. In case the school in which the IB is obtained is not listed in the above mentioned link, Declaration of value or Statement of Comparability by CIMEA or other ENIC-NARIC centers will be necessary at enrollment. In case IB was obtained after only 11 years of overall schooling, higher education institutions will have to request a compensation for the 12th year of schooling, generally required for access to Italian universities.
2) For Countries where an Admission test to university is compulsory, it is necessary to attach a certificate attesting that the exam was passed (for ex: Concurso Vestibular, Gao Kao - minimum score 400 for Marco Polo students, Pruebas de Selectividad, Veveosi Prosvasis, ecc).