The registration on the Apply@polito tool is necessary in order to take part in an exchange mobility programme at Politecnico di Torino. The following information is reserved only to incoming exchange students nominated for a mobility programme at Politecnico di Torino.
Additional information is available in the Guide for exchange (1.22 MB) that also contains a focus on the Learning Agreement proposal.
Please notice: THE STUDENT EXCHANGE APPLICATION FORM IS FREE!
DO NOT FILL IN YOUR APPLICATION FORM BEFORE RECEIVING THE APPLY@POLITO LOGIN EMAIL!
THE INCOMING MOBILITY OFFICE WILL SEND ALL THE COMMUNICATION RELATED TO APPLY@POLITO TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT YOUR HOME UNIVERSITY INDICATED IN THE NOMINATION@POLITO TOOL (CHECK ALSO YOUR SPAM FOLDER)
The Apply@polito tool is available twice a year, according to the starting semester of your mobility at Politecnico di Torino:
- Beginning of the mobility in the first semester (from September/October): the Apply@polito tool opens in May/June;
- Beginning of the mobility in the second semester (from February/March): the Apply@polito tool opens in November.
The deadline to fill in the application form is periodically established by the Incoming Mobility Office.
The procedure consists of the following phases:
1) REGISTRATION TO THE APPLY@POLITO TOOL AND FILLING IN OF THE APPLICATION FORM
Once you have been nominated by your Home University, you will receive an e-mail containing the information related to the procedures and the deadline to fill in your application form on Apply@polito.
Following the instructions received, you will:
- fill in the registration form with your personal data;
- receive a confirmation e-mail about your registration and obtain, within 12 hours, a username and a password;
- log-in in the application form with your username and password, fill it in and attach the documents required ;
- send the application form, only after filling in all the sections in their order of appearance;
- receive a confirmation e-mail attesting your application form has been received; if you don’t receive the e-mail, please contact the Incoming Mobility Office .
2) EVALUATION BY THE INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY BOARD AND ACCEPTANCE
Once you send it, your application has to be evaluated by the International Mobility Board. During this period you may be contacted in order to integrate/modify the documents attached. All the communication will take place in the “Evaluations” section of your application form, which you will have to check regularly. You will receive an e-mail in case of any updates related to the evaluation of your application.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and you will be able to download your acceptance letter in the “Main” section of your application.
If you are a non-European citizen not living in a Schengen country and you need to apply for a study visa to enter Italy, you have to register through Universitaly website.
The Incoming Mobility Office will inform you in due time about the procedure and documents to be uploaded.
In order to know if are required to apply for the Visa you can visit the website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en.
3) GETTING READY FOR YOUR MOBILITY
Once you have officially been accepted to do an exchange mobility at Politecnico di Torino, the Incoming Mobility Office will inform you about the next steps to follow before and after your arrival.
In the “Main” section of your Apply@polito page, which you have to check regularly, the following documents will be published when available:
- “Guide for exchange students”: useful information to organize your stay in Torino and your mobility at Politecnico di Torino;
- “First steps at Politecnico di Torino”: detailed instructions about the arrival procedures;
- “Welcome Activities Calendar”: proposal of social activities organized for exchange students and information on how to sign up.
ONLY AFTER READING THE PREVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS, YOU CAN FILL IN YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION