I level Specializing Master
The project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits to graduate from the Politecnico di Torino attending Engineering programs at the Alessandria campus.
For the 2010/2011 academic year, the project, thanks to the support of Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Tortona, will award scholarships to students already enrolled in the I level Specializing Master in Jewellery Engineering at the Alessandria Campus.
For more information on the university campus, please visit the Alessandria campus website.
- Being not a citizen of an European Union member country
- Knowledge of the English language, preferably demonstrated by an international certification
- Basic knowledge of the Italian language, preferably demonstrated by an international certification
- Being enrolled in the I level Specializing Master program in Jewellery Engineering for the 2010/11 academic year
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign.
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 60 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. The time required to graduate is approximately one year (from November 2010 to October 2011). However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity.
Please note that scholarship recipients must attend their course for its entire length (1 year – 60 credits).
Applicants will be selected based on their previous academic career and on their Curriculum Vitae.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the Alessandria Campus scholarship is 4.000 Euro for the complete period. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student will need more time to graduate than indicated.
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the Alessandria Campus scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process, complete the application form (79.41 kB):
- Deadline: 1 p.m. (Italian time) on March 4th, 2011.
Method: fill in the application form, print it out and submit it, together with the requested documents, to the Segreteria Didattica of the Alessandria Campus of the Politecnico di Torino (Monday - Friday 9:00 - 12:30, 14:00 - 16:30). The application form and the documents must be submitted in a folder bearing the applicant's name and "Alessandria Campus project". After having completed these steps, the application for a scholarship will be considered complete.
The following documentation must be attached to the application form:
- Certificate of enrollment at the Politecnico di Torino
- Planned duration of the program of study (no. of semesters)
- Total number of exams sustained in the program of study
- Total number of credits obtained in the program of study (if available)
- Year of enrolment
- The overall average score of the exams taken (at the moment of application)
- A list of the exams still to be passed to complete the degree course
- Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed (in Italian if possible) - maximum 3 pages
- A personal introduction letter (written by the applicant)
- Optional Italian or English language certificate
The above documents must be rendered in English, Italian, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
We emphasize that the data shown in the documents must coincide with those inserted in the application form. Moreover, failure to attach even one of the above documents will result in exclusion from the selection process.
Following the closure of the online application form, a special commission will meet to assess the applications.
At the end of the selection process, a list of standings will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.
The list of standings will be affixed to the Official Register of the Politecnico di Torino and published on this project website.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFFIXING OF THE LIST OF STANDINGS TO THE OFFICIAL REGISTER OF THE POLITECNICO DI TORINO WILL BE, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, THE ONLY OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF INCLUSION IN THE LIST OF SELECTIONS AND, FOR STUDENTS WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS, THE ONLY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION THAT THEY HAVE BEEN AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP.
Publication of the final list of standings is foreseen for March, 2011.
We emphasize that the Politecnico di Torino assumes no responsibility for the applicant's failure to view the list of standings and/or the terms for the acceptance of the scholarships as published online and on the Official Register of the Politecnico.
In all the e-mail messages and the correspondence sent to the Politecnico following the awarding of the scholarship, the recipient must clearly specify "Alessandria Campus project".
Specific contacts for 1st level Specializing Master
International Relations Office
Dott.ssa Chiara Ricci