Call for applications for the 2019/2020 academic year
The Eni Project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits to graduate from the Politecnico di Torino attending the Master of Science program in Petroleum and Mining Engineering (Petroleum Engineering path - 2 years).
The project is promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and financed by Eni Corporate University.
General information on the MS program in Petroleum and Mining Engineering
The length of the program is 2 years full time and corresponds to 120 ECTS credits. All the courses are entirely held in English.
The activities will begin in September 2019.
Further information on the program is available on the Petroleum Engineering Program website.
The number of scholarships assigned in the 2019/20 academic year depends on the program funding.
Application is open to students who:
- are not Italian citizens, or are Italian citizens who are also in possess of another citizenship;
- hold an international English language certification (the list of the accepted certificates is available at https://didattica.polito.it/inte/en/apply_msc_lang);
- have not already enrolled in a Master of Science program of the Politecnico di Torino before the 2019/2020 academic year;
- are not recipients of other scholarships, Italian or foreign.
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process, complete the application form for the admission to the Master of Science program in Petroleum and Mining Engineering (Petroleum Engineering path) of the Politecnico di Torino:
- Deadline: 2 p.m. (Italian time) on April 16th, 2019.
Method: fill in the online application form by first registering and providing your biographical information, logging in and choosing your level and degree course, selecting the Eni Project scholarship, and subsequently submitting the application. Students must also provide information on their previous educational career, language abilities and work experience, and they must attach the necessary documentation in pdf format. After having completed these steps, the application for a scholarship will be considered complete.
In order to select the Eni Project scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Click on the "Add application" button on the "Select your course" section of the application form;
- Select the Master of Science program in Petroleum and Mining Engineering (Petroleum Engineering path) and click on the "Confirm" button;
- Click again on the "Add application" button on the "Select your course" section of the application form;
- Select the Eni Project scholarship on the "Research and Academic Scholarships/Scholarship and Prizes" section and click on the "Save" button;
- Save and submit your application.
The documentation indicated at https://didattica.polito.it/inte/en/apply_msc_step1_docs and listed below must be attached in pdf format to the online application form:
- an official transcript of records (original or authenticated copy) issued by the registrar of your university of origin;
- Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed (in English if possible) - maximum 3 pages
- English language certificate
- Passport (or, for EU citizens, another official ID)/Residence permit for Non EU citizens living in Italy
- Bachelor Degree certificate (if already available)
- [optional] The description of the courses attended in the framework of the previous academic career
- [optional] Letters of reference (2 maximum) and/or a personal introduction letter (written by the applicant), which may uploaded in the "Other Document" field of the application form in a single file.
The above documents must be rendered in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Italian.
We emphasize that the data shown in the documents must coincide with those inserted in the online application form (with the exception of material errors). Moreover, failure to attach even one of the above documents will result in exclusion from the selection process. For information on the accepted English language certifications, please visit the Language Requirements section of our Apply@PoliTo website.
Applicants will be selected based on their previous academic career and on their Curriculum Vitae.
Following the closure of the online application form, the applications of the students who have been deemed to be eligible for admission to the Master of Science program in Petroleum Engineering will be submitted to Eni Corporate University.
Eni Corporate University, in cooperation with Eni, will select the students eligible for the participation in the program and award the scholarships on the basis of the applicants' previous academic career and Curriculum Vitae, at its incontestable discretion.
At the end of the selection process, a list of standings will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.
The list of standings will be published on the Official Register of the Politecnico di Torino and on this project website.
Publication of the final list of standings is foreseen for June 2019.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PUBLICATION OF THE LIST OF STANDINGS TO THE ONLINE OFFICIAL REGISTER OF THE POLITECNICO DI TORINO WILL BE, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, THE ONLY OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF INCLUSION IN THE LIST OF SELECTIONS AND, FOR STUDENTS WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS, THE ONLY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION THAT THEY HAVE BEEN AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP.
We emphasize that the Politecnico di Torino assumes no responsibility for the applicant's failure to view the list of standings and/or the terms for the acceptance of the scholarships as published on the online Official Register of the Politecnico.
In all the e-mail messages and the correspondence sent to the Politecnico following the awarding of the scholarship, the recipient must clearly specify "Eni Project - Petroleum Engineering".
Please note that the disbursement of the scholarship is subject to the actual enrollment to the Master of Science program in Petroleum and Mining Engineering at the Politecnico di Torino.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the Eni Project scholarship is 10.000 Euro per year (20.000 Euro for the complete period). The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student, which can be verified only upon the arrival of the student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student needs more time to graduate than indicated.
- The allocation of the scholarship is dependent upon the submission, within 10 days from the arrival in Italy of the student, of the original documentation, which must correspond with the documentation attached to the online form (see the “Selection outcomes” section below).
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (enrollment certification, residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient), all obtainable upon arrival in Italy; for this reason, the first instalment is not paid at the moment of arrival at the Politecnico di Torino, but in the course of the following month.
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned any another study grant while receiving the Eni Project scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet the required standards, which will be disclosed to the selected students.
Tuition fees for Eni Project students are covered by the project.
Scholarship recipients, together with the Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering courses, will benefit from:
- one round trip air ticket from/to home country per year (provided by Eni)
- an Italian language course, free of charge
- advice on lodging facilities (for more information visit the Accommodation section)
- additional services offered to the student community (access to the Politecnico libraries and computer laboratories, WI-FI (Wireless LAN), etc.); scholarship recipients will also be entitled to all the services offered by the regional university student assistance organisation, Ente regionale per il DIritto allo Studio Universitario (EDISU Piemonte) at full fee: student canteen service, cultural and recreational activities, sports activities, libraries with lending service, etc. (for more information visit the Campus Facilities section)
- assistance in obtaining an entry visa. For more information consult the Immigration Requirements section and the websites of the Italian Embassies and Consulates
- assistance by the Stage and Job Placement office for internship and employment.
In order to benefit from a reduction on the fees of the services offered by EDISU, students must provide an official declaration about:
- the composition of their family unit
- the revenue generated abroad in 2018
- the property and real estate assets generated abroad at December 31st, 2018
These declarations, issued by the competent authorities of the foreign country where the family's income is generated, must be translated into Italian and certified by the Italian Embassy or Consulate.
Please see also: Information for students coming from particularly underdeveloped countries .
- The scholarship does not include accommodation costs, which are thus totally at the expense of the student.
- The Politecnico di Torino does not guarantee any type of accommodation for Eni Project scholarship recipients. For students turning to the private market to rent an apartment, the initial amount requested for the cautionary deposit is equal to about three months rent, plus any fees charged by the real estate agency, if applicable. The approximate amount of the rent for an apartment shared with other students comes to about 250 EURO/month per person, and the rent for a small/medium sized apartment is about 500 EURO/month.
Enrolment at the Politecnico includes insurance coverage for accidents occurring on the university premises.
Medical insurance for emergencies (First Aid), as required by the law for non-EU citizens, is about 100 EURO per year. Upon their arrival in Italy, students could pay this amount to an Italian private insurance company: this is required for the conversion of the entry visa into a residence permit. For further information on these matters, see the Health insurance section.
- We advise students to refer to the Italian Embassy or Consulate for information on the necessary requirements to obtain an entry visa for Italy.
Personal data included in the application form will be processed by the Politecnico di Torino in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) and the Code regarding the protection of personal data (Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30th June 2003 and further amendments) in pursuit of the institutional aims of the university and in accordance with the transparency purposes imposed by the law. Processing of personal data is based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness and relevance of purposes.
For the purposes of the execution of this Call, applicants authorize the Politecnico di Torino to transfer their personal data to Eni Corporate University and Eni S.p.A., who are independent data controllers acting within the scope of their own functions and responsibilities.
More information about the processing of personal data and the right of access by the data subject are available at https://didattica.polito.it/privacy/index_en.html.
The independent data controller for the university is Politecnico di Torino, represented by the Rector, with statutory seat in Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24 - 10129 Torino. For information and inquiries it is possible to contact: email@example.com. It is possible to contact the data protection officer of Politecnico di Torino for any inquiries on the processing of personal data and the right of access by the data subject at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The independent data controller for Eni is Eni Corporate University S.p.A., with registered office in San Donato Milanese (Mi), Via S. Salvo 1. For information and inquiries it is possible to contact: email@example.com. It is possible to contact the data protection officer of ECU for any inquiries on the processing of personal data and the right of access by the data subject at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the processing of personal data by ECU is available at https://www.eni.com/docs/it_IT/eni-com/carriere/formazione-e-orientamento/Informativaprivacy.pdf.
Specific contacts for Master of Science
International Relations Office
Incoming Students Office
Selected students will be contacted by the Foreign Citizens office
Approved by the Director-General (Det. n° 442 - 19/03/2019).