Visa release

If you have decided to study in the Politecnico di Torino and you are an Extra-EU citizen, you are requested to apply to the competent Italian diplomatic authority for a Student visa for multiple entrance(type D) in your name. The competent Italian Embassy/Consulate is the authority responsible for checking if you meet the requirements for astudent visa. Within 8 days from your arrival in Italy you must apply for a resident permit, which is mandatory for foreigners.

We strongly advise you not to enter in Italy with a tourist visa (valid for 3 months) since you will have to return to your home country within the 90-day expiry date and reapply for another visa in order to come back to Italy and complete your studies.

The requested documentation for a visa application is:

  1. a recent passport-style photo
  2. passport or identity card valid for at least three months after visa expiry date
  3. Acceptance/Invitation letter by the Politecnico di Torino
  4. declaration of availability of appropriate lodgings in Italy as well as the funds necessary to return in your country of origin (a return airline ticket is sufficient, otherwise you may be asked to demonstrate the availability of funds for repatriation)
  5. medical and/or hospitalisation insurance coverage to be demonstrated by means of: Consular declaration attesting to the applicant's right to healthcare in the presence of specific agreements between Italy and the applicant's country of origin; foreign insurance policy or one underwritten with Italian bodies or companies with no limitations or exception to the fees established for emergency hospitalisations. Further information about health insurance are available at the following links:,   

Non-EU citizens living in a country that belongs to the European Union and holding a valid resident permit can enter in Italy for study purposes without requiring a student visa.

You shouldmust get incontact withthe Italian Consulate and ask for information about getting a STUDENT VISA