Master of Science level - 2nd call
Call for applications for the 2009/2010 academic year
The Politecnico di Torino offers international students who are enrolled in the first year of the Master of Science program in Automotive Engineering the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits.
General information on the Master of Science program in Automotive Engineering
Language in which the courses are held: English
Length: 2 years
Application is open to students who:
- are not Italian citizens, or are Italian citizens who are also in possess of another citizenship;
- are in possess of a Bachelor of Science degree in Automotive Engineering issued by the Politecnico di Torino;
- are enrolled in the first year of the Master of Science program in Automotive Engineering for the 2009/10 academic year;
- have a good knowledge of the English language, preferably demonstrated by an international certification;
- are not recipients of other scholarships, Italian or foreign. Students who are recipients of an EDISU scholarship must renounce to the grant, in case they will be awarded an INIA scholarship.
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 120 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. A plan of studies must be outlined under the guidance of the student’s academic tutor to identify, in relation to the student’s previous academic career, the courses additionally required to complete the program of studies for the Master of Science in which the student is enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino. The time required to graduate is approximately two years. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity.
Please note that scholarship recipients must attend their course for its entire length (2 years – 120 credits).
Applicants will be selected based on their previous academic career and on their Curriculum Vitae.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the scholarship is 10.000 Euro per year for the complete period. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student will need more time to graduate than indicated.
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient).
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the Politecnico di Torino scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process:
complete the APPLICATION FORM (52,91 kB)
- Deadline: 11:30 a.m. (Italian time) on January 25th, 2010.
- Method: fill in the form, print it out and submit it, together with the requested documents, to the Department of International Affairs of the Politecnico di Torino - International Relations office (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9,00 to 11,30 a.m.). The application form and the documents must be submitted in a folder bearing the applicant's name and "INIA project".
The following documentation must be attached to the form:
- A transcript (Titolo conseguito, con voto finale ed esami profitto) including all the exams which have been passed in the Bachelor of Science career and the final grade;
- Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed - maximum 3 pages;
- A personal introduction letter (written by the applicant);
- English language certificate (if any).
We emphasise that the data shown in the documents must coincide with those inserted in the application form. Moreover, failure to attach even one of the compulsory documents will result in exclusion from the selection process.
Following the closure of the online application form, a special commission will meet to assess the applications.
At the end of the selection process, a list of standings will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.
The students who are selected to receive a scholarship will have to fill in and sign an acceptance form.
- The scholarship does not include accommodation costs, which are thus totally at the expense of the student. The Politecnico di Torino does not guarantee any type of accommodation for scholarship recipients.
- Enrolment at the Politecnico includes insurance coverage for accidents occurring on the university premises.
International Relations Office