2nd call - Bachelor of Science
Call reserved to students already enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino for the 2007/2008 academic year
The Politecnico di Torino offers international students who are enrolled in the first year of a Bachelor of Science course in Engineering or Architecture at the Mondovì campus of the Politecnico di Torino the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits.
The initiative, promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Cuneo, will offer scholarships for the following Bachelor of Science degree courses:
- Architettura per il progetto
- Ingegneria Civile per la Gestione delle Acque
- Ingegneria Meccanica
General information on the Bachelor of Science courses
Language of the courses: italiano
Length: 3 years
- Not having Italian citizenship or being an Italian citizen who has obtained a secondary school diploma abroad
- Being enrolled in the first year of one of the abovementioned Bachelor of Science course at the Mondovì campus of the Politecnico di Torino for the 2007/2008 academic year
- Being at least 18 years old (by 31/12/2007)
- Knowledge of the Italian language, preferably demonstrated by an international certification
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign. Students who are recipients of an EDISU scholarship must renounce to the grant, in case they will be awarded a Politecnico scholarship
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 180 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. The time required to graduate is approximately 6 semesters. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity.
Applicants will be accepted based on their previous academic career and on their Curriculum Vitae.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the scholarship for the Bachelor of Science course is 10.000 Euro per year for the complete period. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student, which can be verified only upon the arrival of the student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student will need more time to graduate than indicated.
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient).
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the Politecnico scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.
Tuition fees for Mondovì campus scholarship students are covered by the project. Students will have to pay only the regional tax, the amount of which is approximately 130 Euro per year.
The scholarship winners will be refunded of the exceeding amount of tuition fees they have already paid (the refund methods still have to be defined).
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process:
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
- Deadline: 5 p.m. (Italian time) on October 30th, 2007.
- Method: fill in the form, print it out and submit it, together with the requested documents, to the Segreteria Studenti of the Mondovì campus.
The following documentation must be attached to the form:
- For students from the countries where it is required, a certificate showing that the state-level university admission exam (e.g. Gao Kao) has been passed
- High School Diploma and/or University transcript (either in original or in copy, in case the original documents have already been submitted at the moment of the enrolment)
- Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed - maximum 3 pages
- A personal introduction letter (written by the applicant)
- Italian language certificate (if any)
We emphasise that the data shown in the documents must coincide with those inserted in the application form. Moreover, failure to attach even one of the compulsory documents will result in exclusion from the selection process.
Following the closure of the online application form, a special commission will meet to assess the applications.
At the end of the selection process, a list of standings will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.
The students who will be selected to receive a scholarship will have to fill in and sign an acceptance form.
- The scholarship does not include accommodation costs, which are thus totally at the expense of the student
- The Politecnico di Torino does not guarantee any type of accommodation for Mondovì campus scholarship students.
- Enrolment at the Politecnico includes insurance coverage for accidents occurring on the university premises.