- TOPoliTO Scholarships
Politecnico International Scholarships
- Ciência sem Fronteiras
- COLFUTURO scholarship-loans
Projects offered in the past academic years
- Alessandria Campus project
- Biella Campus project (Textile Engineering)
- Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico project
- Compagnia di San Paolo - Vietnam project
- Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus (MERIT)
- Erasmus Mundus (SELECT)
- Fondazione CRT scholarships
- ICE - Regione Piemonte Project
- INIA project (Internazionalizzazione Ingegneria Autoveicolo)
- Johnson Controls scholarships
- Mondovì Campus project
- Pakistan project
- Piemonte-Minas Gerais
- Progetto MEFTIA: Mobilitare e formare i talenti italiani residenti in Argentina
- PoliCina project
- Scholarships in memory of Sergio Carestiato
- SiTI project
- Zhong Guo: Knowledge without limits
- Vercelli Campus project
- Eni Project - Petroleum Engineering
- Verrès Campus project
- Invest your talent in Italy
- EDISU Piemonte scholarships
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation scholarships (MAECI)
- External Bodies calls
- CIMEA 100 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR REFUGEE STUDENTS
- Part-Time jobs and other support
- Italia Startup Visa program
Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarships
Call for applications for the 2012/13 academic year
The project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship to graduate from the Politecnico di Torino attending a Bachelor program in Engineering or Architecture.
The initiative is promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and the Compagnia di San Paolo.
General information on the Bachelor of Science programs
Language in which the courses are held: Italian and/or English
Length: 3 years
- Not being an Italian citizen, or being an Italian citizen who is also in possess of another citizenship
- Being enrolled for the first time in a Bachelor program in Engineering or Architecture of the Politecnico di Torino for the 2012/2013 academic year
- Not having been enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino before the 2012/13 academic year
- Not having obtained an high school diploma in an Italian school
- Having passed at least one exam of the current academic career in the 2012/13 academic year
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign (including EDISU scholarship)
- Not being part of a Double Degree program.
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 180 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. The time required to graduate is approximately 6 semesters. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity.
The project will award 12 scholarships in the 2012/13 academic year at the Bachelor level:
- 8 scholarships to students enrolled in Engineering programs (2 of them are reserved to students enrolled in the BS in Automotive Engineering program);
- 4 scholarships to students enrolled in Architecture/Design programs.
Applicants will be selected based on the score obtained in the admission test, and on the marks and number of credits achieved in the February 2013 exam session at the Politecnico di Torino. In case two or more candidates have the same academic score, the possess of an English and/or Italian language certification (depending on the language of the academic program in which applicants are enrolled) will also be taken into consideration; for further information about the accepted certifications, please visit the C.L.A. website.
Please note that exams taken abroad and/or in previous academic programs cannot be taken into consideration.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship is 5.530 Euro per year (16.590 Euro for the complete period). The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student needs more time to graduate than indicated.
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient).
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level; in particular, in order to maintain the scholarship, recipients must achieve a minimum of 40 credits (CFU) within the exam session of September 2013 and 90 CFU within the exam session of September 2014.
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process, complete the application form:
- Deadline: 12:00 (Italian time) on June 17th, 2013.
- Method: fill in the application form (72.72 kB), print it out, sign it, scan it and send by e-mail, together with its attachments, to email@example.com from their official Politecnico e-mail account. As an alternative, the application form and the attached documentation can be handed in to the Department of International Affairs of the Politecnico di Torino. The application form and the documents must be submitted in a folder bearing the applicant's name and "Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico". After having completed these steps, the application for a scholarship will be considered complete.
- We also remind you that, in order to be taken into consideration, any Italian or English language certificate must be included as an attachment.
Following the closure of the application term, a special commission will meet to assess the applications.
At the end of the selection process, a list of standings will be composed with the names of the students who have been awarded a scholarship.
The list of standings will be affixed to the online Official Register of the Politecnico di Torino and published on this project website and on the Apply@Polito section of the Politecnico website. Publication of the final list of standings is foreseen for late June 2013.
An e-mail message will be sent to all scholarship recipients and eligible applicants summarizing the terms for the disbursement of the scholarship. This message will be sent to the address(es) specified by the students themselves on the application form. NEVERTHELESS, THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE OUTCOME OF THE SELECTION.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFFIXING OF THE LIST OF STANDINGS TO THE ONLINE OFFICIAL REGISTER OF THE POLITECNICO DI TORINO WILL BE, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, THE ONLY OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF INCLUSION IN THE LIST OF SELECTIONS AND, FOR STUDENTS WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS, THE ONLY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION THAT THEY HAVE BEEN AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP.
We emphasize that the Politecnico di Torino assumes no responsibility for the applicant's failure to view the list of standings and/or the terms for the acceptance of the scholarships as published on our website and the online Official Register of the Politecnico.
In all the e-mail messages and the correspondence sent to the Politecnico following the awarding of the scholarship, the recipient must clearly specify "Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship".
- The scholarship does not include tuition fees or accommodation costs, which are thus totally at the expense of the student. The Politecnico di Torino does not guarantee any type of accommodation for Compagnia di San Paolo - Politecnico scholarship recipients.
- Any participation in a mobility program as a student of the Politecnico while receiving the Compagnia di San Paolo-Politecnico scholarship must be authorized beforehand by the International Relations office of the Politecnico.
International Relations Office