Campuses and the Regional Network
The Politecnico was born in Torino. Its historical seat is the sixteenth-century Savoy residence: the Castello del Valentino. It's 23.000 square metres wide and it's still the principal seat of the School of Architecture, while the big complex in Corso Duca degli Abruzzi is 122.000 square matres wide and is the seat of the School of Engineering. It was opened in 1958.
From the last decade in Alessandria, Biella, Mondovì, Vercelli and Verrès there are branches of the Politecnico, that give many people a chance to study and develop relationships with the socioeconomical system. The educational offer is thus wide and diversified on the territory.
This network system is based on decentralized and highly characterized poles, on specialization and integration with the fabric of society in which they work.