Transfer of credits earned at non-Italian universities
If you are transferring to Politecnico from a non-Italian university, or if you passed some exams at a non-Italian university and you wish to enrol in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programme at Politecnico, you can ask for the transfer of the credits you earned while you were studying abroad. You need to apply for Credit transfer through your application form on Apply@polito .
- You can apply for credit transfer only once during your studies, exclusively upon first enrolment at Politecnico di Torino and within deadlines established for each a.y.
- Your courses will be validated WITHOUT ANY GRADE until Politecnico di Torino defines university criteria for grade conversion
- Your transfer credits will be immediately included in the Annual Personal Study Plan of the year of enrolment. They will not be kept on hold for the next academic years. This is done in order to facilitate (or avoid hindering) your chance to obtain or keep a scholarship or other student benefits. Scholarship recipients must check the rules for their student benefits before accepting any credit transfer.
If you are a Bachelor’s student, you are allowed to include your second or third year courses in your Annual Personal Study Plan only if you met your first-year unfulfilled academic requirements* or if you obtained the recognition of at least 40 credits (excluding the English language exam). In any case, you are required to include your first-year incomplete courses before any other new course.
* If you still have unfulfilled academic requirements from your first year, you can only include your first-year courses in your APSP. If you manage to pass these exams by the winter examination session, you will be able to update your APSP in accordance with the rules illustrated in the Student Guide – “Unfulfilled academic requirements and APSP update” section.
More information on unfulfilled academic requirements and APSP updating is available in the Student Guide – “Unfulfilled academic requirements and APSP update” section.
You must earn at least 60 credits including the Final Project credits at Politecnico di Torino in order to get your Bachelor’s degree or at least 50 credits excluding the Thesis credits in order to get your Master’s degree. The same rules apply to students who transfer to Politecnico di Torino from other Italian universities.
Log-in your APPLY page and:
- ADD info on your previous/current university career under section EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND by clicking on icon and verifying the information already included
- COMPLETE the table with each exam passed, related credits and grades by clicking on icon Inserted data must correspond to what reported in your official Transcript of records
- ATTACH the following documents under section ATTACHMENTS:
a) Transcript of Records (133.28 kB) listing all the exams passed and related grades and credits. It MUST also include info on the applied grading and credit system (minimum and maximum grade to pass each subject, credit weight, etc.). In case it does not, please attach an official declaration of your current university Registrar Office stating those required info.
b) Syllabus/ Course description (322.73 kB) describing in details the content of each subject you studied.
Documents must be official with the stamp and signature of the issuing Institution and they are accepted in Italian, English, French, Spanish or Portuguese. In case your official documents are in other languages, please attach both the original version and the official translation in Italian or English.
4. CLICK on the SUBMIT button under section “SAVE AND SUBMIT” to submit your request.
a) Students enrolling in a Bachelor or Master of Science program in the 1st term of 2019/20 a.y.:
request to be sent within August 30th, 2019.
b) Students enrolling in a Master of Science program in the 2nd term of 2019/20 a.y.
request to be sent within February 29th, 2019.
We recommend you to prepare all the required documents before your arrival. This deadline will not be extended for any reason.
In case of positive evaluation you will have to submit the documents uploaded in the online application in original copy upon enrolment.
Results will be published under section EVALUATION of your Apply page.
Evaluation is done in two phases:
FIRST PHASE: the Incoming Mobility office verifies the entry requirements
SECOND PHASE: the Academic Commission evaluates whether the contents of the PoliTO and the foreign university study plans match and decide eventual credits to be recognized.
In case of positive evaluation, you need to accept partially or in total the recognized subjects. Please be aware that you can no longer modify the accepted subjects.
- if you have been granted a scholarship in the frame of PoliTO international mobility projects, in order to maintain your scholarship, you can accept a maximum of 30 credits if you are enrolled in Bachelor degree program or 20 credits if you are enrolled in Master degree program;
- if you got your high school diploma after 10 or 11 years of schooling, please consider that regardless the number of recognized credits, you cannot accept 60 or 120 of those credits in order to meet the admission requirements.
Example: you got a high school diploma after 11 years of schooling and you successfully attended 2 years of university. Following your credit recognition request, PoliTO recognize 80 credits. 60 credits are necessary to meet the admission requirements; you can accept the other 20 credits that will be recognized and included in your PoliTO study plan as already passed.