Following the latest official statement from the Italian government schools and university are closed until April 3rd.
The measures taken in order to control the spread of the virus includes the ban of any public or private social gatherings, the closing of restaurants and the closing of non-essential shops over the weekend. Food shops and pharmacies remain open as usual. Travelling restrictions are imposed and moving from home is allowed only for extreme urgent needs.
Politecnico di Torino is therefore closed and its activities will be carried as follows:
- Teaching activities in classrooms are suspended until April, 3rd. The academic careers of students will not be in any way affected by such suspension. From Monday, March 9, remote lectures are held through accessing the remote web-based procedure according to class timetables already scheduled for lectures to be held in classrooms and can be checked on each student’s personal page (as an alternative to the link https://www.swas.polito.it/dotnet/orari_lezione_pub/ ).
It is important to stress that the teaching and evaluation modalities are changing. This means that the continuity of teaching is guaranteed for incoming students. Incoming students have the choice to stay in Torino or to return home after the virus outbreak. In either case, they will be able to continue their mobility experience with access the distance learning activities.
- Every research activity in any Department is currently suspended.
- Written and computer lab tests will be rescheduled on a date to be defined within a recovery exam session. Professors are however encouraged to adopt as far as possible for the remote web-based oral test to give this opportunity to those students who wish to take their exams during next weeks. Students taking part in international mobility programmes (incoming and outgoing) will be guaranteed the opportunity to take all the exams through the web-based procedure, as well.
INCOMING STUDENTS STILL IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY:
- Remember, do not come to PoliTO before April 20th. If planning to attend courses, we propose a distance enrolment in order to allow accessing the distance learning activities. PhD students and BSc/MSc students working only on their thesis are required to postpone the start of their mobility to a date after April 20th, to be agreed with both academic referents at PoliTO and home university.
INCOMING STUDENTS ALREADY IN TORINO:
- If not yet enrolled, contact the Incoming Mobility Office by ticketing so that we can proceed with the enrolment (information will be given), this allows accessing the distance learning activities;
- If already enrolled, it is possible to stay in Torino and have access to the distance learning activities;
- If already enrolled and still in Torino, it is possible to return home and to continue the mobility experience from home by following the PoliTO courses remotely;
- If already enrolled and still in Torino, it is possible to return home and to end the mobility experience.
STUDENTS RECEIVING A SCHOLARSHIP FROM POLITECNICO DI TORINO IN THE FRAME OF THE ERASMUS+ PARTNER PROGRAMME:
- scholarship payment to students who arrived in Torino at the end of February is in progress. Procedures may take longer than usual.
- As soon as we receive instructions from the Erasmus+ Agency, we will provide further detailed information on the scholarship to students who cancelled or suspended their mobility or who will be continuing their mobility from the home country. Meanwhile, these students should keep all proof of travel and documentation of the mobility expenses.
Incoming Mobility Office is in direct contact with students and with Partner universities to respond to any queries and to give any necessary support. Do not hesitate to contact directly the Incoming Mobility Office with the TICKET SERVICE ( https://didattica.polito.it/segreteria/contatta/it/Mobilita_studenti.html) for any further information.
Up to date information is available on the PoliTO website here:
- Italian Ministry of Foreing Affairs (MAECI):
- FAQ (in English, Spanish, German, French, Romanian): https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/
- Information from Italian Embassies and Consulates: https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/sala_stampa/archivionotizie/approfondimenti/emergenza-covid-19-informazioni-dalle-ambasciate-e-dai-consolati.html
- Viaggiare Sicuri: http://www.viaggiaresicuri.mae.aci.it/
- THE CONFERENCE OF ITALIAN UNIVERSITY RECTORS (CRUI) https://www.crui.it/covid-19.html